FML

Just got back from seeing my doc for what SHOULD have been a well-baby visit, but was obviously changed to an OB visit. I have made ZERO progress since Monday when I was released – still at a 3, still 75% effaced, still at a -2 station. I have managed to gain 4# in the last week – I haven’t gained weight that fast this entire pregnancy! I’m retaining fluid like a dam, my BP is up, and I’ve been semi-throwing up in my sleep. All of this reeks of eclampsia to me, but baby is happy so they aren’t worried.

As for a plan? At this moment we still don’t have one. Doc is going to call the hospitalists, see what they want to do. Do they want to try another induction? If they do, and it fails, are they going to be willing to do a C-section? I refuse to be sent home again only to come back in another week to try again. I’m already a week over, and he told me he didn’t want me to get this far…and yet, here I am. Do they want to skip the induction (which, IMO, isn’t going to work anyways) and go straight to a C-section? Doc doesn’t want to do that necessarily, but he also doesn’t see any point in putting me through the induction torture if they don’t think it’s going to work.

I am…furious. Mostly because I’m frustrated and helpless. I feel like everyone is sitting around twiddling their dicks while my child stays inside with no intentions of coming out. I know the stillbirth rates – and the longer he stays in there, the higher they get. If he dies while they sit around trying to figure out what they’re going to do instead of just DOING something, I am seriously going to sue the ass off of several people. That includes my wonderful doctor that I love so much but am very frustrated with right now. IMO, he should be making the decision, not talking with the hospitalists to decide what to do. HE is my doctor, THEY are not. Yes, they are at the hospital and yes, they will assist as needed but they should not be the ones making the decisions about my care. For now I wait…even more. Doc says I will hear from him in the next 24 hours. I’m not holding my breath.

Advertisements
Previous Post
Leave a comment

1 Comment

  1. Jess

     /  April 2, 2011

    Freaking freaking freaking ridiculous. I'm starting to get rather alarmed. I say if you don't hear from them by afternoon tomorrow, you call them and then show up at L&D. Start demanding something GET DONE. This is awful, for multiple reasons. Really. It's not acceptable in the slightest.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • Archives

  • Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 5 other followers

%d bloggers like this: